Higher Education Institutions and the Innovation Ecosystem
Monday, 30 April 2012
15:00 - 17:00
The Work Foundation, 21 Palmer Street, London, SW1H 0AD
- Sir Alan Langlands, Chief Executive, Higher Education Funding Council for England
- Sir Adrian Smith, Director General – Science and Research, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Dr Paul Jenkins, Research Director, Structured Materials & Process Science, Unilever
- Professor Birgitte Andersen, Director, Big Innovation Centre
- Tomas Ulrichsen, Assistant Director & report author, PACEC
Drawing on new evidence gathered by PACEC, the event offered an opportunity to focus on the economic contributions made by our higher education institutions through their knowledge exchange activities. It was a chance to share and explore the findings from a review of knowledge exchange strategies prepared by individual institutions and submitted to the Higher Education Innovation Fund 2011-2015. A number of institutions were commended for their distinctive role in economic growth.
This was a chance for attendees to learn more about the contribution of universities to economic growth, and how activities in this area are developing. The event brought together attendees from the higher education sector, from business and from knowledge exchange partnerships.
For further information please contact Joanna Massie.
Back to Past Events